Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Goodbye Pond, Hello Swamp

So we are going through the stages of getting rid of our pond in our backyard. Long story short: leaking, too much work, waste of water.
Short story long: as in, work. Damn it's gonna take a long time to get rid of it. On top of that, water is stagnating in the hole and stinking up the place like no one's business. It's a swamp.
I started getting rid of the water (manually, with a bucket) and got eaten alive by the mosquitos (hello West Nile Virus!). I started trying to get rid of the liner so the water could seep back into the earth, and what do I find out? The stupid idiot previous previous owners used old pieces of carpet, tarp and other crap under the liner. What the F?


RIP Pond

So the big job turned even bigger.
And on top of that, our bathroom is still a couple weeks from being completely done because the countertop and sink are on back-order, and our contractor will have to move our toilet a few inches to the left for better clearance. I'm just really, really glad that he's doing it and it's not me. But regardless, it'll be a while before we can use the bathroom and I don't imagine my wife being all too pleased with the prospect of that.
But hey, I'm working overtime. I don't know how that's supposed to make me feel better, but I suppose money is always a good thing. Gosh knows I'm running out of it...haha...oh wait...

No comments: