Thursday, May 01, 2014

"Challenged" (no complaints here)

So I just had a pretty intense week with almost getting called into jury duty fir an eight week (!) period.

I already told the judge of my profession thinking it would get me off, but the judge told me I was not deferred. 

I got up into the stand and 3 of the 4 deciderers felt I was appropriate for jury duty. Then the last one challenged me (thus bringing me out of contention to be a juror).  No challenge here!

I contend that I would not have minded doing this if it wasn't for the WNV program coming up.  It would've been an interesting experience. Let's see how I feel though if I get called again...

(Justice does have to be served either way. If I am part of that, I would gladly accept that and no joke, would think it's part of my civic duty. I live in one of the best places in the world and I try not to lose sight of that, so yes, I would not mind giving back and being part of something that makes this society the way it is)

No comments: