Monday, July 07, 2008

And You Are...?

"The Workmate! Not the husband!"
And thus went my day at the Emergency Room at the hospital. Ruthie somehow fainted and bumped her head at work today, and an ambulance had to be called. I decided to go along with her so that she wouldn't be alone. It's true what they say at the ER in Peel...four hour wait for a five minute checkup.
But hey, at least she was okay. And it did lead to this somewhat amusing exchange:
Me (phonecall to my cell, where there is hardly any reception in the ER) : "Hello? Hello?"
Sharon: "Hello? Are you in a meeting?"
Me: "No, I'm in the hospital"
Sharon: "What...*click*" (lost reception)
I wish there was more dramatic suspence, but she called a few seconds later and the story was cleared up. But still, nothing like hearing your spouse is in the hospital for reasons unknown

No comments: