Monday, September 15, 2008

Aw Shucks, Thanks?

So I did a moderating session today and apparently got all sorts of accolades from the speakers, to my director, to my manager, to my supervisor, to my big head. I'm never good with accepting compliments. Awww shucks...but I guess I'll just gloat this one time. Makes me feel good!
The keynote speaker this morning was Pinball Clemons. Absolutely great speaker. He said a couple things that really resonated with me (in the sense that it is a good way to think of things):
-"I may be an MVP of the CFL, but more importantly, I am the husband of Diane. I live to serve her"
-"material things do not matter; it is the relationships you have and foster that matter most in life"
-"circumstances do not make you who you are; how you deal with circumstances do"
-"realizing not how important you are, but how unimportant you are puts things in perspective"

No comments: