Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Recession Wardrobe (& Co.)

So I found out what "R W" stands for in "R W & Co." (see post title).

I gone did it again, the thing that Arvin always makes fun of me whenever I do it:  I bought in bulk.  This is the third or fourth time I went to R-Dubb on my lunch break and ended up spending over $120.  But at the prices I got the products at, how could I not?  And they fit me!

So, seeing as how I like to do the whole "see what I saved thereby rationalizing my purchases" thing, I will put down what I spent (before taxes) and what I would've spent if I bought it at regular price (before taxes).

What I bought and how much I spent:  2 dress shirts + 2 pairs of pants + 5 sweaters = $109.55

What I bought and how much I spent if I bought everything at regular price:  2 dress shirts + 2 pairs of pants + 5 sweaters = $528.00!!!

And you wonder why 70% of my wardrobe is R-Dubb?!?  Man, when they have a sale, they have a sale!  And not only that, I had to actually stop myself from buying more!

(I guess I won't be shopping in Chicago when we go next next weekend)

No comments: