Saturday, May 09, 2009

Now What's My Life Goal?

Crazy!  So my official time:  49:37!  My four minute-mile has been achieved!

I honestly thought I wasn't going to beat my 50 minute goal, as I crossed the line at 51:25, but apparently I started a little less than two minutes after the official start time.

All it took me was five attempts to get there.  I can't help but think:  what if I had trained?  (as always, it's one of those "woulda coulda but didn't")

So what do I get as a reward for this?  Two crazy blisters and some sore feet and knees.  Dangit!  I knew I should've worn my old orthotics as opposed to the new ones.

Do I retire now?  Maybe, but I may come out of it just as soon as I went into it (I don't want to forgo my annual Turtle Jack's Buffalo Shrimp meal).  Maybe my next goal will be sub-49?  I dunno...

(my once noble foe, Arvin, has seemed to have fallen from his physical grace.  I really think it coincided with him falling in love.  Mind you his best-ever time is still way better than mine.  Maybe that's my new goal!  I hope he doesn't retire now)

No comments: