Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chicken Cuban Stylez

So my wife made this Cuban chicken, made with a tomato/orange/avocado salsa wrapped in an Indian roti. Holy crap it was good. She's getting way better at cooking now (since the time we moved in). Soon the student will surpass the master? Wait a minute, I was never her master...LOL

* * *

Trained some elder students at an employment action centre today (lots of middle-aged to 55+ year old people who recently lost their jobs at a factory and are looking to retrain or acquire new skills). It always saddens me to hear their stories, especially hearing (and knowing) that it's nearly impossible for them to get work. It's first hand exposure for me to see people being affected by the manufacturing downturn, and dose of reality for how lucky a position I am in in life.

I have a good life (I'd credit to my parents for making the jump to Canada when they did) and days like today make me realize how I take it for granted sometimes. Hope I remember this day/blog post when I do have those days I'm particularly complainy

No comments: