Sunday, June 27, 2010

Scenes From A Nups

So that was a fun time yesterday at MelRon's wedding. Highlights:

-being forced to take a shot after giving the greetings at the receiving line. Promptly breaking the shot glass on the floor followed by everyone staring and the groom laughing hysterically at me. You see, this is one of the plenty of reasons I don't drink
-wearing white shoes to a wedding. Oh, that's right
-high school reunion, and a real crazy flashback watching Melo, Liz, Nina and Riz do a Fiesta Filipina routine for the crowd
-Ron's family being absolutely drunk and crazy and loud and rowdy. Found it it's because they all had kids and none of them were there. Then it all made sense
-the food was awesome. Even awesomer? Sharon didn't really eat her steak. So it was steak x2 for me...yee-uh! Not to mention that I somehow finagled my way to the front of the line for the seafood buffet, and two half-lobsters later I was left wondering if I was allergic to it (my hands and wrists felt bloated and sensitive). Yeah, I think (I know) I ate too much last night
-watching my wife and friends literally take 20 shots throughout the night...and her not getting drunk at all (she was buzzing but she wasn't hammered like the other people were. I was hoping she would be hammered so I could take advantage of her. Nope.). Who knew? Then again she was drinking amongst Asians. So basically, what I cannot handle in alcohol she more than can. We complete each other, apparently

Good times...and now I'm going to complain that this weekend went by too fast

No comments: