Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wonderland? More Like (Ten)derland

Ten as in the number of hours we spent at Canada's Wonderland, apparently trying to relive our youth. What did we find out in the end? We're not as young as we used to be.

Got there at 10:00am, when the park opened. Lots of middle school/elementary school kids. Great, I thought. Line ups (one of my biggest pet peeves in life).

But after two hours and four roller coasters later, I thought it wasn't too bad. What was bad, though? I felt like throwing up. I don't think my body is used to/can't take it anymore.

Luckily Kevuth and the kids (sans Talitha) came, so we had a break from the extreme rides and went on a bunch of kids rides. Wonderland really is for the kids now. But we had a blast...I love those damn kids.

Yes, I am pregnant

Then we left the park, ate at Williams Coffee Pub for dinner, then went back to the park where it turned into my kind of Wonderland: no line-ups! We polished off another 6 coasters in two hours! We also went to White Water Canyon, where Sharon got soaked (okay, that was more fun for me than her).

I didn't seem to heed the advice of Kiri, who told me that the lineups are a good thing because it gives your brain time to settle down. I think she was right.

All-in-all, good day. We didn't have funnel cake, but we did have chipwich's.

Oh, and I also seem to have acquired vertigo now. I know what I'll be dreaming of tonight.

Falling down

No comments: