Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Jawbroke

So I had some jawbreakers today for the first time in years. (Why? Because it was there as a "treat" at my meeting).
It left my tounge feeling coated and all sorts of nasty for the rest of the day. I think it will be years again before I forget and have another one (or two).
* * *
It's decision time again. Another position came up at work that I think my Supervisor and Manager is trying to get me to apply for.
I'd like to go for it because it would be a pay raise.
I'm hesitant because I don't like the actual work involved and the people involved.
Then I think about the economy and how I would like to maintain a certain lifestyle (Great Dane). So I went from an 80/20 no/yes ratio to 50/50 and now it seems like it's 92/8.
In no way, shape or form am I a shoo-in for the position, but I would like to think I have a good shot. I just better not screw up in the interview. But first things first...gotta print off the resume and be sure I actually 100/0 want to apply...

No comments: