Monday, August 10, 2009

Buonjourno Grazie Bigglietti ErrrrYeah

So this Italy trip has been hectic so far. Day after day we've had jampacked schedules, and the day that we could finally "relax on a beach" (today, that is), what happens? 1. I developed a cold. 2. The beach was crazy hot and rocky (not sandy). 3. I still haven't stopped sweating.

But aside from that, some thoughts thus far:

Venice: lots of stairs + heavy luggage + having no idea where you're going + hardly any sleep the day you arrive + the onslaught of the hot weather = one heck of a first day. But it was nice!

Florence: I can't even remember how many museums/sights we went to. But it was nice! So far, the best meal I had was in Florence with this really, really good white pizza.

Siena/Tuscany: driving was fun, albeit crazy. Europe may be old world and developed, but they certainly haven't developed their streets/street signs. Aside from that, Pisa and all the sight were nice!

Rome: crazy traffic, the place where we finally got sick of Italian foods (we had Indian, Chinese and Halal food here), too many museums/sights to remember. But it was nice!

Amalfi Coast: nice! I think.

Man, it's been such a crazy trip. Sharon and I both came to the conclusion that two weeks is perhaps the most we could go on vacation (even less for me). I think I get homesick too easily. It's certainly a diversion from reality. Oh, and perhaps we hyped up Italy too much in our heads that it didn't have that "wow" factor we thought we would be having. Regardless, it is nice (as you might have guessed me rationalizing).

Oh, and a few other things:

-I got attacked by a goat today, which honestly may have been the highlight of my day today. It was fun!
-I've come to the conclusion that I'm semi-lactose intolerant, which really, really sucks as I absolutely love dairy. It came about because I've finally come to my senses that feeling gassy all the time is not normal. I'll see where I go from here (in terms of just saying "who cares" and going ahead and eating dairy anyway)
-I think I spent a combined 11.5 hrs this trip thinking about how to renovate the kitchen. Can't wait!

No comments: