Saturday, August 22, 2009

If Only I Were A Monkey

That knew how to operate a chainsaw. If only.

So we have a tree on our property where the uppermost branches are brushing up against the roof and windows. We called a tree cutting service for an estimate and found out to cut down four branches would cost us roughly $200 (!). Dammit.

So I got out my ladder and put it up against the tree to see if I would be able to climb it (Heli-Loggers what). And of course, I am not able to, as if I went up, I would not be able to get down. Plus the fact I totally picture myself in the ER after the fact.

My neighbour has offered to cut the branches down as he has a taller ladder and a chainsaw (oh right, I don't have one of those, either). I would take him up on that offer, but he is a rather busy man.

I think I'll just light the tree on fire

No comments: