Sunday, September 25, 2005

Jason Carpenter

No relation to Karen, the folksy singer. So I spent roughly 12 hours after dropping my girlfriend and her parents to the airport working on 2 planters. I don't know why it took me so damn long, but my back is hurting so I think I must be on to something. Here's what one of them looks like:

Now only if those stairs can magically finish themselves...
While I was working on them, a neighbour I haven't met before, Al Fernandes, asked me if I was a Carpenter. I had to hesitate because in my fantasy, I am. But I was forced to tell the truth and say, "I'm just a wannabe." So anywho, he asked me if I could do his crown mouldings for him, and that he'd pay me. Then he told me he was a Eucharistic Minister at Christ the King. So I have my first "job offer" but now I feel obliged not to charge him. Maybe I should've worked with the garage door closed to avoid this whole situation.
Oh who am I kidding? I'm all in my fantasy land now thinking I'm a contractor because a stranger thought I was one. What's my show gonna be called? "Marquez on Mansions"? "Real (Amature) Renos"? "While I Was Out There"? Okay, I'm gonna have to think about this.

No comments: