Saturday, June 30, 2007

I'm Albertan, Who Are You?

So I'm here in the "Wild Rose Country" Province of Alberta, having a grand ol' time. We are doing the double date weekend thing with Dr. Sy and Dr. Kim, a couple who is blowing us to shame with their lovey-dovey-ness. Not that it's a competition or anything.

But anywho, so far we even went as far as British Columbia (Yoho National Park), Lake Louise, in Jasper right now and in Banff tomorrow. Driving here is (excuse the pun) a trip...all the mountains, lakes and fresh air is awesome. I can see why Sharon would want to live here; as for me, I'd love to visit it more, but live here? I'm still an Ontarian by heart. And if I do live here, I'd prolly get a heart-attack (two delicious steaks and counting...)


Kinda dumb on my part to state this trip was a "release from reality" and away from work, e-mail and internet. Obviously, I'm on a computer now and I already checked my work e-mail. Seriously, I gotta learn to let go of it.

Damn work.

But then again, when we get home, it's gonna yet be a hectic next couple of months/years/life, what with the wedding and house and all that. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

No comments: