Thursday, August 04, 2011

And The Career Questions Begin Again

So I received the surprising-but-not-really-all-things-considering news at work today that I did not get the job I applied for.  Oh, and it went to a candidate that had less experience than me, less (in my opinion) knowledge than me and less people skills than me.  Not that you need that stuff or anything, apparently.

I am angry, but I think it's only because it's my pride that has been damaged.  And I'm going to try to raise at least a little bit of hell without burning any bridges.

In the short term, I know I dodged a bullet working with an imbecilic, ignorant manager.  But in the long term, I fear it may have damaged my career.

For the most part, I enjoy my job.  It gives me a good work/life balance.

But just like other things in life, it leaves me question:  is this as good as it gets?  Is there more out there for me?

I need to win the lottery already

No comments: