Monday, August 15, 2011

My Parent's Are Funny (August 14, 2011 Edition)

Went to my parent's house, and they have a wasp's next on the roof right by their front door.  Sharon, predictably, freaked out.

My parents, upon seeing her freak out, told her:  "don't worry!  They are friendly wasps.  Sometimes we sit outside on the porch and they don't bother us."

My Dad also told us that he was surprised his dollar-store insecticide doesn't work against the wasps.  I, on the other hand, was not surprised

*  *  *

Took two boxes home with me from my parents place.

One of the boxes contained all my university notes (and is now promptly in the recycling bin).  There was a ton of paper, and I was thinking that if one university student used that much paper, the thought of how much paper all the university students use is mind-boggling.  I feel sorry for the earth.

The other box contained all my mementos and keepsakes from when I was a kid.  Crazy memories in there.  Helped me remember that I have a blessed life. Also crazy to remember how my life was as a kid growing up, and now I have a kid of my own.

Yikes

*  *  *

After a disappointing weekend (from the perspective that I wasn't as productive as I felt I should've been), I feel somewhat determined to get there.

Gogogogogogogo

No comments: