Sunday, August 28, 2011

Irene? More Like Iree-tate

So I'm here in Philly with the boys.  On the weekend that a lot of places closed early because of Hurricane Irene.

Our Segway tour got cancelled, which sucked (and this after I booked it a few weeks ago and the operator said "we'll only cancel it if there are thunderstorms" and after I said to her "what's the chances of that, really").  Then our trip to the Jersey Shore was cancelled because everyone was being evacuated from there.

Then last night we went to a bar (and what I thought was a restaurant) and we were turned away because Micky was only 19.  So we went to Philadelphia to eat...at a Korean restaurant.

BUT...things are still good.  The guys (sans Micky and I; I was way too tired last night after driving) went to a few bars last night and got absolutely plastered.  We went to the real reason we to Philadelphia this morning: Pat's and Geno's Cheesesteaks.  I ate 1.5 cheesesteaks just this morning for breakfast.

And the weather is starting to clear up and we'll go touring around here.  And of course the company makes the trip, and so far it's being made.

I love being on vacation (really, just not at work)

No comments: