Wednesday, May 30, 2007

And Here Comes The Family

So my older brother is getting married this Saturday, and family from California will be raiding my house soon. In fact, they are all coming within the next few hours. And my house is hot. Argh.
Not that I'm complaining or anything; in fact, I like it when family is all together.
On a semi-related note, I don't talk about my brother(s) that much on my blog because, sadly, I am not as close to them as I prolly want. Some brothers are close; even "friends". My brothers and I, well, aren't so much. I think there's always been some sort of a wall or unwillingness to relate to each other. There may even be animosity towards each other (I know I certainly had my own personal issues that led me to have feelings like that towards them every now and again). I'm not going to blame my parents for fostering an environment where we didn't get closer to each other; for some brothers it comes naturally, for others, it's, well...us.
I secretly wait for the day when we (most of all I) grow up and we'll be able to see each other as normal people as opposed to brothers that fought for a long time in our respective lifetimes. Then again, maybe it's already there and I don't see it or accept it because that's only what's in my retarded head.
So where did this whole diatribe come from? Well, I was thinking about how my older brother is getting married and how he'll be moving out of the house. To be dramatic, things will never be the same again. Just a scary thought. On a self-absorbed note, it's scary that I'll be next in just a matter of months. I see my Mom getting all emotional, and while I chastise her for being that way, I understand where she's coming from.
Mainly because I feel the same way; I just do a better job of hiding it.
Well that was a mental barf if anything.

No comments: