Tuesday, August 07, 2007

"BBQ at my place!": A New Era


So I had to work today, which sorta sucked (late vendors, hot sun, aching feet, sweaty, blah). Afterwards, I was supposed to work on the house, but I felt a little fatigued and didn't want to bother my Dad.

Seeing as how the gas line for the BBQ was just installed earlier in the day, it was a perfect opportunity to test it out. And what better way then to invite a few peeps over to inaugurate the grill?

We had a small party around the natural gas grill
The inevitable happened of course, both bad (dropped a pan full of bacon and stained the deck with oil) and good (had the friends over whom I haven't seen in a while and did the "remember whens"). So aside from the getting old feeling, it was good times.
Back to reality for the next few days including: meeting with the Priest tomorrow; work, even this coming up Saturday for more overtime; and, trying to finish off as much as I could around the house before Cuba this Sunday. All while trying not to think about going on vacation. Good luck with that one...

No comments: