Sunday, February 17, 2008

Cross-Border Shoppin' And...

...it wasn't the best experience.

First, the good:
-got two pairs of pants for work for pretty cheap
-bought different flavour Doritos that they don't have here in Canada

But, the bad:
-excitedly went to The Olive Garden for lunch. Service sucked, the food wasn't that great, and really, it was a little expensive. Basically, we should've went to the Cheesecake Factory, Mighty Taco, or Ponderosa
-the weather sucked, which made the drive gloomy
-went to Walden Galleria. Didn't buy anything
-what normally would've taken about 20 minutes to get from the Walden Galleria mall to the Fashion Outlet Mall took about 2 hours. Every single turn where I had to pick between left or right, east or west, north or south...I got wrong. On top ot that, the address and directions I got for the Outlet Mall were beyond wrong; it turned out to be on the complete other side of town! It was frustrating, most of all for Sharon who was driving
-the great deals I was semi-hoping for never really surfaced
-Buffalo is a depressing place. Something about it; everytime I go there, it's raining and gloomy, and the ambience in general is pretty depressing to me. And the locals? Yikes...

So, would I go back? Perhaps. But not anytime soon (well until at least after Lent, so Sharon can eat a dessert at the Cheesecake Factory).
I think I've also changed...before, I would buy things for the heck of it. But nowadays, I don't feel like shopping just to shop. Am I getting older?
(Maybe just cheaper. Hello? Mortgage!)

No comments: