Sunday, November 29, 2009

How Much/Many?

So having a convo with Arvin yesterday, and he decided to try to tell me the differences between using the words "much" and "many".

You use "much" when you're talking about things that are not many of, and you use "many" when you're talking about things that there are not much of. Or something to that effect. So for example, "how much love?" because it's not "how much loves?" and not "how many longer?" but rather "how much longer?"

Anywho, I decided not to listen to him because he's a former ESL student and he learned the differences between the two words from Feli (and while she's a tutor and undoubtedly taught him the correct way to use the two words, he more than likely mixed it up).

I'm just saying, and you know I always have much (many?) to say (says?)

* * *

Like this elevator music version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsSD6q5ZAFQ

* * *

Got a new phone:
Queer-tee!

I was actually contemplating getting a blackberry (for about 17 seconds) but then thought the better of it, as I'm already ridiculously addicted to the internet. So I got myself the next best thing: a phone with a keyboard so I could text like crazy! (Despite the fact I don't exactly text anyone. So if you have my phone number, please don't call, just text. That way I could look cool and pretend I'm using a blackberry or something. Retarded, yes, whatever).

I also put myself in a new two year commitment, but at a much (not many) cheaper rate. It's okay, Fido has been good to me. I'm hoping when the next two years are up, they will be paying me to use their services (unlikely).

Now comes the sucky part: transferring the phone numbers from my old phone to the new one (SIM card didn't save the numbers properly, so I have to manually do it). Oh, and also trying to figure out how to use the damn thing

No comments: