Monday, November 02, 2009

Hurl Your Abuse At Me...

...and you'll get reported in the Brampton Guardian: http://www.northpeel.com/news/article/79611

Needless to say, it was quite a long day today at the clinic as I played the role of "communicator". What does that entail? As Tony succinctly put it (as he was also a communicator at the other clinic), "we were thrown to the wolves". We were the suckers who had to announce to everyone that the vaccine was late, the amount of time they would be waiting, getting the brunt of the complaints because the nurses/supervisors/managers wouldn't go out, etc.

Understandably, people are quite upset when they wait 6 hrs. plus to get a flu-shot. But it shouldn't be a case of kill the messenger, right? Why come they couldn't get mad at the message? Do they even realize that their "taxes they are paying" doesn't really amount to much when it comes to what is contributed towards Public Health?

Not that I cared too much. I just smiled, nodded, stayed polite and drifted off to a dreamworld in my head as I pretended I was paying attention to them.

I even forgoed a lunch, and was so tired at the end of the day that I even skipped my soccer game. Thank goodness I'm not there the rest of the week, unless I work that overtime Saturday shift

No comments: