Sunday, May 14, 2006

Update:

So I got the results back from the race:
-2005 official time: 53:34.7
-2006 official time: 53:47.2
-2005 chip time: 52:12.1
-2006 chip time: 53:13.6
Still pretty good considering I didn't really train this year. Lessons learned?
1. Train
2. Don't waste time trying to wash off gatorade that spilled on your shirt while you ran
3. Don't stop and drink water
4. Don't "carbo-load" too much before a race
5. Lose weight
6. A-heh-a-heh-a-hem....nevermind
7. Don't break your arm while trying to train
8. Don't slow down near the end thinking about how you are going to pose at the finish line
Looks like the feeling I have right now is that I'll do it next year again. Hopefully that feeling won't go away, because maybe, just maybe, I may try to beat that 50 minute mark. Arvin is already at the 49 minute mark which is just insane to me. Oh yeah, and Ian and Patrick also beat me, but I'd like to think I just let them.

No comments: