Monday, January 14, 2008

The Beautiful Game?

So my first foray into the "beautiful game" (aka soccer). Yeah, beautiful if you mean blisters are beautiful. I was breaking in the new cleats, so really, I shouldn't be surprised.

I would like to think of it as a semi-success: I didn't score, but at the same time I didn't, say, rupture my achilles tendon or anything. I got a good workout, and am glad to say my knee didn't completely fall apart from my injury last Saturday (I still had to ice it down when I got home). Can't wait till next week.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention: co-ed league and we get only one lockeroom. I really like this game! Yee-uh!
* * *
My wife is funny. She, herself, is foraying (I think that's a fun word) into a new sport: rock-climbing. What did I find on my camera? This:

Wanted: rock to climb on
I think it's funny how she always teases me as to how excited I get when I get a new pair of shoes, yet, unbeknownst to me she took this picture with my camera of her new kicks. Buyer's high? Perhaps...until the bill comes!

No comments: