Monday, January 21, 2008

I'm Beginning To Like This Soccer Thing

It may have something to do with the fact that we are actually winning (as opposed to my loveable-losers basketball team), but that's besides the point.
I now know why soccer (I would use the term "football" but, you know, that's a poser thing to do) players get all dramatic when they miss their chance to score the goal: it's damn hard to get chances! So all the more reason for me to be upset with myself. I think I missed four really good chances to score. My goal (excuse the pun) this season? One goal. Argh!
In a self-serving way, though, I am happy to report that my line was successful in scoring both goals today (we won 2-1), with one of my shots being blocked by the goalkeep (poser-alert with the jargon) but the rebound being promptly put away by our resident superstar Frank. He gave me all the props afterwards, along with all my teammates saying I did really, really well, but I think they are way too nice and encouraging. All I know was I was just trying not to embarass myself and trying to stave off the heartattack.
Oh yeah, here's a pic of my lime green team, "The Peelers":
A highlighter barfed on our jerseys

That's right, our lockeroom is co-ed. This game is grrrrreat!
I sorta can't wait till next week, although I fear all my juice will have run out by then. We'll see.

No comments: