Tuesday, January 01, 2008

So?

Every year it seems I have some new year's resolution list I never get around to completing. Let's see how I did from last year:
"That's right, time to make New Years Resolutions that I don't keep! I am, however, happy to report that I did stick to one from last years' resolutions: don't swear. Do you know how mentally hard it is to not swear? It almost takes away 36% brain concentration capacity trying to think of euphanisms for swear words.
So every year I think of new resolutions I usually end up breaking. And because I actually stuck to one (and subsquently have a sense of accomplishment and feel I deserve an award or something), I am not going to make a resolution. Instead, through the advice of Arvin, I will just substitue my "Resolutions List" to a "To Do List":
1. Iron clothes
2. Clean bathroom
3. Change spark plugs on car
4. Clean Car
5. Go neighbourhood/house hunting"
Oh...oops...it's really sad when my thoughts for this year's resolution list was to do a "To Do List" but I did it last year already without realizing I did it last year. I am happy to report that I still continue not to swear, but not so happy to report that the first thing on my list this year is still to iron my clothes. Yikes.
Here's my list this year:
1. Be a good husband (that's a first)
2. Help clean up around the house (another first)
3. Be more healthy (not a first, but always recurring. I did lose some weight, but I'm afraid I might've gained it back already. I did join the 10km race again, so I don't have a choice. And I did join the basketball and soccer league)
4. Finish the renos!!! (Right.)
5. Be more money-wise
6. Be an adult
Let's see how it turns out this time next year
* * *
So we had a fun party at our house. Quiet with only Team Miknifer and Brain Kim and his new girlfriend for the countdown, but more peeps (including Arvin's "friend") passed by earlier for our Fajita party. Oh, but Ron and Mel squared passed by afterwards. Ron is funny when he's drunk.
Then we woke up...at 12:45pm. Dang...haven't done that in a long while.
* * *
Other things that happened recently that I haven't posted about:
-did the annual ritual/tradition during this time of year; watched the entire fifth season of CSI:Miami. It's increasingly become my favourite of the CSI's. Why? One word: Horatio
-we are even more officially adults; we got a Costco membership. What's that all about?
-my wife finished writing all her wedding thank you cards. I should prolly start mine. Dammit.
* * *
I have noticed (a long while back) that I haven't been putting photos into my blog. In an effort to continue being "creative" and due to my luck finding a digital camera in Greece, I will do one of those "photo a day or as often as I can" on my posts. I'll try. Seriously. Starting tomorrow.

No comments: