Saturday, June 06, 2009

SouvliYummy

So we went to watch Angels and Demons this morning.  Going in not reading the book, I thought it was an okay movie; one of those, "just when you thought it was over -- *there's a twist!*"  But really, it was okay.

But what was even better was the lunch we had afterwards.  There really wasn't any places to eat around there (I don't consider Subway a place to eat unless it was a dire emergency), so we settled on Souvlaki Hut.  Fearing it was going to be like the way-less-than-mediocre Mr. Greek, we ordered from there because Sharon had to go to karate class and there really was no other place to go.

Let me tell you though:  it could quite possibly have been the best lamb dinner (lunch) I've ever had!  The meat was tender, the tzaziki was perfect, the salad was dressed just right, and the pitas were DAMN.  And then the "honey stix" dessert just made this meal even more memorable.

I would've never guess a place like that would make a really good meal (I was likening it to a mall fast food joint at first).  Needless to say, it's a return visit for sure, although I fear I may be overhyping it and then be disappointed the next time.  But whateves, as long as the memory of this meal lingers in my mind...

*  *  *

And now, I am going to my parents place to pick up the roasting stick for my fire pit...yee-uh

No comments: