Thursday, July 02, 2009

Lechonfest 2009

I would like to think it was a success. Peeps said it was fun and there's still a lot of clean-up left to do (a sign of a good party?).

Some thoughts:
-having BJ slow-turn the pig(s!) for about 5 hours straight really helped. The fact he has the worst farmer's tan ever? Bonus! (Jerk!). I still can't believe that the fire pit actually worked
-disappointed in my limp pool. Sucks...I think I'll be giving it to the Solski's, who have more room for it. Who knew it was so big?
-speaking of the pool, I hope I didn't cause an incident when one of my workmates' kid fell in it. She was close to drowning, but I think it left my workmate pretty shaken
-speaking of workmates, it was nice to have them over at once. Does this mean I never have to invite them over again now that they finally saw our place?
-speaking of their kids, it was like a kid explosion. Chloe, Elizabeth, Victoria, Kush, Leon, Maya, Sheky and of course my baby Trinity were all here. Trinity was really, really sad at first. Why? She said to me, "because you didn't give me a hug hello". Well, then. But it was crazy with all the kids and funny too seeing the reactions of some of my friends who didn't have kids. And no, we're not about to have any kids anytime soon
-leftovers galore. Luckily I have Filipino friends and even more lucky they could give it to their parents to make paksew
-finally, the weather held out. Thank God for that. I hope it wasn't a "balance it out" kind of deal, though, where because I had such good luck here (and I had been fretting about the weather for a week, hoping it would be good) that I'm going to have some bad luck in the near future (food poisoning?)

No comments: