Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Penny For My Thoughts

Thoughts being not saying "Dammit!"

So Second Cup is having a sale on their smoothies for $1.56. I went for break and got one (oh, and the calories in it is horrendous...looks like my cheap side is winning again). I ran into Kira and told her about it; she said she was going to get one. I gave her a penny so she doesn't get a handful of pennies for change.

Rewind back to the morning: I forgot my wallet at home. What the heck is happening to me? I used to be not a forgetful person. Luckily I had a petty cash slip at work, so my pocket was populated with $45.00.

Fast forward to the evening: stopped by the grocery store to buy a few things. Total came to $4.69. Sure enough, I had $5.68 in my pocket. Crapping fargus! So I got stuck with $0.99 in my pocket.

Of course.

* * *

Is this what it's like being a bachelor and living by myself? Sharon left for Montreal, so now I have cook for myself. Not only that, I have to do a bunch of chores (cutting grass, trimming bushes, washing car, etc.) and other stuff to get ready for camping 2009 at Killbear PP this weekend. On top of that, I'm still kind of tired and continue to go to the gym (I have to though, considering I've been eating like a chump this past week).

I miss my wife, if only for the fact I'm kind of wanting to be lazy. Oh right, and also because I love her.

On the bright side, I made some great tacos for lunch tomorrow. Besides the fact I don't have a choice (although I do: "Mom! I'm coming for dinner!" Oh yeah, I actually did go there for dinner today, but that's because she asked me to come to help her carry a TV. Really! Oh right, back to the point...), I tend to cook foods I wouldn't normally cook when Sharon is here. Hopefully she doesn't realize this and makes me cook more (writing this where she could read it doesn't really help). Man, I got a good thing going here while she's home

No comments: