Monday, September 28, 2009

That Soccer Conundrum

So I started a new season of soccer today, and that whole "one is good, two is better" adage came into play. First of all, I scored a goal, which, really, is quite amazing to me (do you know how hard it is to score when you have no idea what you are doing?). Oh, it also helped that Frank, one of our star players, passed the ball perfect to me. I just stuck my foot out and luckily it went in.

But the conundrum part comes in when I should have scored another goal. I basically had the ball to myself and I shot it right at the goalkeeper.

Shouldn't I be happy I scored a goal, which quite frankly might not happen again this season? Why am I upset that I didn't score the other goal? Perhaps I'm a greedy person. Or maybe because the final score was 3-3 and if I scored that other goal we may have won.

Argh...why did I join soccer again?

No comments: