Saturday, April 24, 2010

I Put The "J" In Cheap

So I worked at the Good Food Festival today. I wasn't expecting much; just crowds (which I hate), line-ups (which I hate), and not a lot of free samples (which I couldn't care less).

Yes there were crowds and line-ups, but what surprised me? All the free samples and good deals on the food! I mean, I wouldn't be impressed if I paid the admission fee (something like $11), but since I got in for free (and getting paid to work to boot), I would like to think I scored.

Example of things I gots:
-three reusable grocery bags
-two full bottles of honey mustard
-2 for $5 containers of nuts ($6 each in the stores)
-two bottles of Mrs. Dash
-a lot of free drinks
-lactose-free ice cream sandwiches
-being located in front of the beef truck, had a beef on bun and hot dog on bun for $5
-two bars of Lindt chocolate
-2 bags of chips for $1 each (regularly $3 each in the store)
-ponchos (yeah, I don't know either)
-roll of parchment paper
-2 for $5 butternut squash soup in an awesome reusable container and salad dressing
-ridiculously and perhaps irrationally happy I got all these deals and free things, on top of yet again exceeding my daily recommended intake of calories

No comments: