Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Recall This Toyota

It's great knowing someone who knows how to fix cars. Toyota was trying to convince me to change my rear brakes for $500, and was also trying to get me to fix whatever it was that was causing my "check engine light" to go on for about $400. I said "no thanks" and then went to Ray's.

He basically checked my brakes (said it would last another two-three years) and fixed the "check engine light" by connecting a hose that was not connected, and he didn't want to charge me (I slipped him a 20 anyway). Score!

Not maybe so much of a score? I still bought winter tires at Toyota (it was on sale!). Made a dent in my ING "car fund", but at least I'm good to go for next winter. I'm just hoping my car will survive, otherwise I'm going to have to buy a new car that will accommodate these wheels...lol

* * *

Me (18 years ago): Mom, I got an A- on my report card
Mom (18 years ago): Why only A-? Why not A+?

Me (today): Mom, I got a promotion at work
Mom (today): that's so great son!
Me (today): it's temporary for 7 months
Mom (today): why only temporary? Why not permanent?

Thanks Mother. Not that I had flashbacks or anything...

No comments: