Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lickbo Loser

Nothing makes me feel like a loser more than stepping into an LCBO alone.  I never know what I'm doing there, and I look awkward as awkward.

Want to imagine what it's like for me in there, going through all the aisles trying to figure out what is what and always in constant amazement of how much alcohol cost?  Just imagine me with a befuddled face and with this song in the background:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-R3GTzZU14.  Or something like that.  In any case, I kind of don't really enjoy the experience.

And to make matters worser, I was there because I forgot to get my neighbour Murray something from Mexico as he took care of our garbage/recycling bins and our newspapers and even snowblew our driveway.  I thought, hey, why not get him some wine (apparently Mexico is not a big wine-making country), or some tequila (tequila to an 80 year old man?), or Kahlua (I happenstance found out that Mexico produces Kahlua as I was leaving the store).  So I got him Kahlua.  Only thing is, I knew that a bottle twice the size was half the price in the airport a few days ago.

So far my vaunted bargain-seeking is off to an opposite-of-rousing start this 2011

*  *  *

Got the results of my bloodwork, and it's no surprise.  Gotta try harder?  I guess that's all I can do.

As well, I hope the other thing will help soothe

No comments: