Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Dramatic Suspen(sion)

So I took my car to the Stealership to get these babies installed:
Yes, it's natural for people to take pictures of car parts
That's right, I'm gonna be a TRD Sportivo Ho, and the whole reason why I went to Chicago in the first place. Everything was going smoothly until they gave me the dreaded call: "we need to order in a part, the seat for the shock, where the threads on it became crossthreaded. The car will have to stay here overnight because the part won't come in until tomorrow." Oh man, my baby is not gonna be at home near me now. She'll have to stay the night there, hopefully she's okay tomorrow and not mad at me (yes, I realize I have personified my car). It's all for the better because it's gonna be a crazy fun time with my new suspension, so I think.
In the meantime, I am driving her sister car:

I think that white truck is stalking them
Luckily Ken lets me drive his car when I'm in a pinch. He had to make sure though that I didn't drive on any gravel roads (what he won't know won't hurt him). His car is what my car is striving to be (suspension wise, not the obnoxiously loud exhaust/header and in-dash DVD player). I can't wait (well, I can wait for the bill though).
* * *
Still ridiculously hot today. I hate the sweat and stickiness it incurs on my body. India here I come!

No comments: