Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Tippin' Yucky

So for Kim's birthday, Kim, Madie, Sandy, Tracy, Ken, Janice and myself went to Iron Chef Restaurant, which had one of those chefs that cooked in front of you (teppenyaki-style). Much like this:

If only he made a Philly Cheesesteak on it
Except, it wasn't quite like that. See, I always thought it would be funny in my head if the chef was horrible, flipping the knives and food but instead of catching it it would fall all over the place. Although not as bad, this chef, Eric, was pretty not so good. I kinda had a feeling when the first utensil he flipped in the air and missed. In fact, I was kinda scared that when he started twirling his knife, I would have a stab wound to, say, my liver.

He kept on trying to do these fancy things, throwing things in the air or cutting vegetable or splashing butter, but he just kept on semi-failing it. I swear he was a chef-in-training or at least on the "B" team*. I was trying my hardest not to laugh and Janice kept telling me, "that's enough!" Well what the hell, I couldn't help but laugh! At least I didn't laugh in his face though. Seeing as how I was with yet again the "quiet group" (seriously, these people don't talk), I made conversation with the chef. Unfortunately, I think he saw it as an opportunity to play games with me. Like only give me a morsel of chicken while everyone else had a big serving. Funny. Right.

All in the all, the food was about a 6.2/10 in my books, and it was kinda expensive. But it was Kim's birthday, so I didn't mind as much. Iron Chef? More like Rusty Chef. I know I can be critical, but seriously, this one warranted it in my books.

*only to find out that there are two big pictures of him plastered on the outside of the restaurant. That warranted a big wtf?!? from me. In my imagination, he is the owner of the restaurant who surrounds himself with other, more talented chefs (which there were) to cover up for his mistakes. Unfortunately, it wasn't covered up.
* * *
Spoke to two of the Portugese triplets, each of which is dating one of Filipino twins. One of them got engaged (Tracy), and the other (Sandy) is desperately waiting for her ring. She even went on to exclaim "I thought about getting pregnant just so I can trap him." Wow. Even though she said she was joking, I can't imagine if I had a girl like her who would be serious about doing that. I'd be screwed, both literally and figuratively! I do wish her good luck though, it's a great feeling to be engaged. I think? luvlubb

No comments: