Saturday, November 01, 2008

Call Me Jay The Plumber

But not a good one. So I went into my first foray into actual plumbing today as I was doing my bathroom. Aside from almost burning down the house, I became one of those DIYer's that I never wanted to be: mistake after mistake and running to Rona twice (and all for $1 worth of copper).
And the worst it after finally finishing (good thing Sharon wasn't home and no water was needed): I realized I put a pipe in the wrong place, I cut my finger and hands up, and I had anxiety the whole time (again, fear of burning down the house).
Okay, so I feel like crap, but really it was my first time doing it, and doubly good that my Dad wasn't here (double the pressure). Maybe I shouldn't be so harsh on myself. Who knows, one day (in the far, far future) I'll remember it as a "fun time"

No comments: