Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The One That Got Away

Funny game that soccer...it screws with your emotions.
At first, I didn't want to go to this game because for one, it started at 10:40pm. But then I found out that we were going to be (majorly) short players due to injuries, so I decided to suck it up and play. When I got there, we had a bench of one. Needless to say, I was dreading the fact that we would have to run like crazy today against a team higher than us in the standings.
And then something interesting happened...I actually scored a goal. I was obviously happy because I didn't think I was going to score this season, and at that point, we were down 3-1, so I thought we would still be in it.
A few plays later, Trent passed a ball absolutely perfect to me and all I had to do was head it in; instead, it glanced off the post. I let out one of those primal screams because I don't think I would ever get an opportunity like that again.
We kept hustling and something I would've never thought happened: I actually scored again. We eventually lost 7-3 and you would think I would be happy with all the factors going against us and the fact that I scored two goals and that I didn't originally want to play.
But no...all I can think about now is the fact that I missed a header. Honestly, I think I would trade my two goals for that one goal.
Like I said...funny game

No comments: