Saturday, November 29, 2008

'Tis The Season For Consumerism

Lately I've been thinking about how I've been very much the "consumer", even in these times of economic insecurity (recession!). At the same time, I've heard that the best way to get out of the doldrums of a recession is to contribute to the economy (aka. "spending").
What's my point to all of this? I bought a bunch of stuff recently that I wonder if I really need (clothes, glasses just because it's for free through my insurance, garage door, garage door opener, soon-to-be front door). Or maybe it's because I've been scrooge-like ("frugal", "money-wise", "cheap") recently and have been wanting to save more money than I regularly do. The thing is, we do save money quite responsibility, so it's okay if I splurge here and there. Yay again for rationalization!

No comments: