Saturday, February 19, 2011

Last Word "Ever", First Words "Last Time"

Okay, easy there Drake.

But really, I was just thinking that this may be the last time we ever do something like we did last night (before the baby comes).

We got tickets to a community theatre production of "Urinetown" from Sharon's parents because they went to India.  The show was, well...my ears are still bleeding.  I think perhaps we spoiled ourselves in the past by watching really good productions.  Then this one came along.  I think the man who sat behind us said it best with "the script I don't care for.  The production is 'meh' and it is what it is" (he left after intermission...lol).

It's just that the lead actress had a really high pitched, annoying voice, the lead actor was trying too hard to be Jim Carrey, you could hear everyone breathing through the microphones, one of the supporting actors just screamed throughout the whole thing, and everyone was basically screaming when they were either talking or singing.  I know I sound like a horrible critic and could prolly not do better, but really, it was like really bad high school musical (at least at a high school musical they have an excuse of being, you know, high school kids).

All in all, I'd give it a 1.5 stars out of 4.  (gay)

When the show finished, it was 10:40pm.  We then made our way to Liz's place by the ACC to celebrate her birthday (we missed going to the Real Sports Bar, but she rented out her theatre room in their condo) an hour later.  We caught the last half of the movie they were watching (Love and Other Drugs).  Anne Hathaway got afreaky in that movie.

All of us being old as we are (all the high school friends were there), we left at 12:40am.  Home, right?  Nope...we did something we haven't done in a long, long while and will prolly be, as aforementioned, the last time ever.  We had ate at 1:30am with Arvin and Feli.  Oh, and we didn't only eat, we ate poutine.

Finally got home at 2:30am and went to bed at 3:00am.  These are one of those nights we tell our kid, "you know, when you weren't born, you're Mom and Dad used to go out late nights on the weekends clubbing, partying, drinking and hanging out with all these people" (the story is entirely untrue because we never really did that, but still).

I seem to be rambling today.  It's prolly because I should be doing the things I planned on doing yesterday on my day off (as predicted, I didn't do half the stuff I wanted to).

Okay, gotta git to it...it just won't stop...

No comments: