Monday, June 13, 2011

Okay! Blue Jays! Let's...Kick Out Those Drunken Bastards.

So yesterday was quite the busy day (and I wonder how the weekend ends so quickly).

Got up and went to Grant's First Birthday Celebration at a Coronation Park in Oakville.  Great times, good sandwiches, and baby overload.

We then went to the Jays game (free tickets courtesy of Clavo).  They were great seats, right by the bullpen.  Unfortunately:
-got there by the sixth inning.  The Jays were down already.  11-1.  Yikes.
-difference between Jays fans and Raps fans?  Jays fans are drunk and belligerent at the game.  Granted some of them were BoSox fans with their amusing accents, but good gawd were some of them drunk.  I counted three people who got kicked out around us.  One of those idiots, seated right in front of us, decided that it would be a good idea to smoke.  I was contemplating telling him that I was a Smoking Cop (not really), but instead settled for telling on him to the usher.  Not really the most comfortable place to bring Eamon to his first game, especially since I was really considering getting into an actual fight with the idiot (I think I could've taken him since he was so impaired his motorskills were quite the slow)
-if we had gotten there about 42 minutes earlier, we would've been on TV as Big Papi hit a homer right in the section we were seated.  Although, maybe a good thing as there was that slight chance I would've dropped Eamon trying to catch the ball...lol

Got home and took on my mountain of clothing that needed to be ironing.  Good thing the NBA finals were on, as it helped me get through it.  Good game too, as the Mavs beat out the sad Heat.  The lasting image I'll remember?  Chris Bosh crying.  Ha.

Then there was...today.  At least I got something accomplished at work, but ended up staying in the office all day and I still have a ton a ton a ton of stuff to do before the end of the month.  I'm playing with fire here, as I'm banking on the fact that in the next few weeks my area will be slow as I try to catch up on my regular calls.  Knowing my luck though...

No comments: