Friday, July 01, 2011

Kah-Nahhhh-Dah Day

Every Canada Day, I think of this awesome commercial:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1jG58nghRo

I feel like the guy at the end sometimes:  "Hello?  Why doesn't anyone listen to me?  I think it means village.  Guys?  GUYS!?!?"

Anywho, it's been a lot of action the past few days.

Yesterday we had family over for Sharon's Birfday.  Xavier is getting big and crazy and "turribull two's" (according to my Mom).

Then something weird happened:  I had 9 hours of sleep.  I know, wtf?!?

Good thing I had that sleep because I had to work today :S

But it wasn't that bad, I guess.  Brampton's celebration wasn't that that bad, with the exception of the chaos at some of the vendor's I inspected ("I know!  Let's serve thousands of people food with no place to wash our hands".  But of course).

I also got a $10 order of ribs (not that good, although I don't know what I expected for $10.  And of course there is an actual ribfest going on as well at Centennial).  Working with Mikey is always so...interesting.  Yeah.

Then I met the family at my parent's house and we walked over to Mississauga's celebration.  The new square is pretty nice.

By the time I got home, the sun drained my energy.  But I had a cleaning craving, so I went on a rampage:  degreased and cleaned the stove and filter parts and outdoor bbq, then cleaned all the washrooms.

Then I realized that today was only Friday (felt like a Saturday), and I thought to myself:  it's a Canada Day Miracle!

And exciting times tomorrow:  Eamon's first swimming lesson.  It's quite possible I'm more excited than he is (more than possible).  I bought a new outfit...for myself.  Hey, if I'm gonna bring him into the water, I gotta look decent for the mother's with their kids there.  With my wife right there.  Oh yeah, I'm a playa

No comments: