Sunday, July 31, 2011

"You Think You're Better Than Me?"

Just came back from the Siervo's nups.

The venue was okay, the food was just whelming (not over, not under).

I did have a good laugh listening to their speeches though, as I have always thought of them to be funny.

Tito Oboy:  "Marriage is like golf.  You have to play by the rules.  You have to always hit the ball where it lies.  And there are no mulligans."  (looks up, notices no one is laughing).  "Oh, I guess no one plays golf here so they don't know what I'm talking about" (proceeds to explain what a mulligan is).

Alfred:  "I work for the TTC.  I'm as blue collar as they get.  Mike is a white-collar worker.  But I'm still the older brother and I make sure he knows that there is a hierarchy that he still has to follow.  For example, is Mike asked me for a glass of wine that was right beside me, I would look at him straight in the eye and I would tell him, 'you may be the VP of Manulife, but you're not the VP of my life'."

After Vivienne's Dad, a family physician, said his speech, the emcee says, "you may have to work after this, Doctor, because that speech was sick."  

Hilarity, all of it, really

*  *  *

Good news:  we found another babysitter!  While at the wedding, we left Eamon with Argay and Feli.  They did an awesome job (namely, our child was still alive when we went to pick him up.  I kidd, I kidd...he did really well there).  Tanks guys.

Now let's see them do this for weeks in a row, and on days when Eamon is not so cooperative (like the past few days.  Although, he did just get his second set of vaccines, so it's understandable why he was so fussy).  I have no doubt they could do it...but then they will realize why we're so damn tired...lol.

No comments: