Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Father's Wisdom In Action

Dad (holding Eamon while Eamon is looking away from him) to Sharon:  "he's going to be left-handed, you know"

Sharon:  "Really?  Why would you say that?"

Dad:  "Because he looks away to his right.  In baseball, the left-handed pitchers always look away to the right."

Logic is a simple thing, if you really just focus on it.  Apparently

*  *  *

Saw Xavier today.  Kid is damn cute, and I'm always left wondering how he grew up so fast.  And he's really coordinated when it comes to throwing a ball.  In-between throws, he runs on the spot as he gets really excited.  Love that kid

*  *  *

One of lifelong stresses popped up again today (after I have been quasi-successful in suppressing it).  I have tried so hard recently not to blame myself for it and just accept things the way they are, especially when I know I can't directly affect the outcome.  Unfortunately, I think I will always have a "guilt-consciousness" thing.

Wish life were simpler and more straight-forward.  Hate it especially when it affects my loved ones, and I am helpless and feel/know there is nothing I can do about it.

"Ain't gotta know where you're going, as long as you keep moving forward..."

No comments: