Sunday, July 03, 2011

SummamaBeach

It was a good idea on paper:  take the family with some friends to the beach.

Problem?  It was about 2.5 hrs (on a good day) away from home.  Unfortunately, it was the last day of the long weekend.  Which meant is literally took double the time go get home.

And of course traveling with a breastfeeding and fussy baby adds to the time and struggle.  On top of that, the beach (Sandbanks), while looking nice, was a bit too windy and the water was too cold to go dipping/swimming in, and sand was going all over the place (like in Eamon's ear).

While the company and the picnic lunch was great, I think in the end, taking into consideration that we spent more time in the car driving to and from than actually staying at the beach, made for a less-than-ideal day.

I feel horrible my idea of a fun time didn't work out.  As I was told:  "you have to start thinking about the baby more, and that your schedule revolves around him now".  It's not like I meant to ignore him or anything; I honestly thought/wasn't thinking that this would be this bad.  Makes me feel discouraged as a parent and for planning/wanting future trips.

I used to be excited about going to Chicago in September.  Now I'm not so sure...sucks

No comments: