Monday, June 17, 2013

Step By Step...

...literally.

I guess I'll call it somewhat of an accomplishment this weekend because I installed all the steps for the stairs.  The only thing left now is the railings, which I've contacted a pro to do (just waiting on his quote).

I also hung two doors (not the best, but I guess it looks okay for the first time doing it) with three left to go.  I realized after using it a lot this past weekend that the Dremel tool I have is very quite useful and I resent not using it earlier.  Don't know what I was thinking there.

All in all, it was a nice Father's Day even though I didn't spend a lot of time with my boy (alone time is good too!).  I got to watch a couple of episodes of Game of Thrones, got to go through a long stretch uninterrupted working at the house, and played some ball (in a BO-smelling sauna-feeling gym, but that's okay, I got some exercise in).

Special shout out to my baby's momma who makes my job as a Father a thousand times easier, even through everything we are going through.  Eamon is a very lucky boy to have her, as is Eamon's father

*  *  *

The prestigious, prodigal son has returned!  Really crazy to think that Beevy moved away 5 years ago but now are back.  Nice to have friends close by (which will still be rare to hang out with, but still).  Only person left is the Doktor, but they aren't coming back (and I don't blame them).  So it'll be nice to visit them one of these days

No comments: