Friday, January 05, 2007

Car Mechanic, I Am Not

In an increasingly consistant display of dimwittedness, I have managed to break something in my car again. While changing the sparkplugs, I had to remove a cover. After I changed the sparkplugs, I put the cover on again. In order to secure the cover, I had to tighten a nut. Unfortunately, I overtightened it and as a result sheared off the bolt. Now this is purely a cosmetic defect now (there are other nuts and bolts holding the cover in place), but still. Why the heck do I always manage to break something when I'm "working" on my car?
Argh.
* * *
Otherwise, I had a pretty good lunch. Yummm...Mongolian Grill:

Otherwise used to make pancakes for giants
Yes, that's right, lunch. Let's just say things at work right now are a bit...not on the fast side.
But next week...woodoggy...let's see what I can make up...errrr...do. It's always so tough to get back into gear after the holidays. That plus the fact I'm still waiting to find out if I make a transfer (with my luck, I prolly won't get it. Sigh)
* * *
Some random notes I forgot:
-finally beat Alan in basketball. In fact, I beat him twice. But then he proceeded to beat me two times in a row after that. But I did cross him up, which made me feel mighty special. Now let's hope he gets a job here so that I can continue to have a playmate at the Y in the morning
-found out something very interesting about Rowena
-started the "home buying" process. Man I'm gonna be broke. Property Virgins called us back, but looks like we're gonna decline; I suppose I'll have to be on TV next time

No comments: