Thursday, January 04, 2007

Resolution Time At The Y

So inevitably at this time of year, a glut of people go to the YMCA early in the morning no doubt to stick to their own resolutions. Not that I mind; I mean I have done it constantly in the past. The only problem is, it gets pretty crowded (well, more than usual at least. I'm used to having a gym pretty much all to myself with all the other regulars). I suppose I have to ride it out for the next couple of weeks when they eventually drop out.
It does bring some interesting new characters, though. Like this morning, the guy (who looked like he worked for the Geek Squad or something) who was on the eliptical machine. He had on earphones, and was singing out loud in a horrible, high-pitched voice that Amanda Marshall song, "...everybody's got a story that will break your heart." I tried so hard not to laugh. It was pretty tough.

No comments: