Monday, February 05, 2007

Hindi Ako Marunong Mg Salita Ng Tagalog

And I prolly still won't if the first class is any indication. Among the highlights:
-the teacher being your stereotypical Filipina, rife with the heavy accent (think, "may you all flease sign de attendence shit?"
-a bunch of white dudes who are married to Filipina ladies who are doing it to understand what their wives are saying
-one guy saying the first time his wife cooked tuyo ("stinky fish" he called it) he was going to kick her out of the house with his boot
But really, I did learn colours and numbers, but her teaching style doesn't really...jive. It's a hodgepodge of sayings. Luckily I know most of what she's saying (think: "is she wearing rubber shoes?" when really she's trying to say, "is she wearing running shoes?"), but I feel bad for the people who don't.
Nice people, and I'm glad I know at least one person (Marie). Should be an interesting seven more weeks.

No comments: