Sunday, February 25, 2007

Hurry Up, I'm Getting Uncomfortable

Everytime I watch an awards show, especially the Oscars, I always get uncomfortable watching the award winners say their speech. I always mentally urge them to hurry up before that dreaded music goes on and then they have to finish up their speech and subsequently don't have enough time to thank everyone they wanted to. When two people win an award, I always feel bad for the second person trying to say their speech because the first person always hogs the mic first. I mean, the second person just wants to thank their husband/wife! Oh, and when the people take their sweet time getting to the stage; it's no wonder they never have enough time to say their entire speech. And don't get me started on people winning that have foreign accents trying to get through their speeches in English. Bring an interpreter!

If I won, I would run to the stage, thank everyone in under 8 seconds, run off the stage, and then catch the director/producer having dead air. Yeah, whaddup now?
I'm a geek.

No comments: