Sunday, February 25, 2007

Soreboarding

That's what they should call Snowboarding because after the first time in my life trying it, I'm...sore. And here I was, cocky and all, thinking that I would never get sore trying out snowboarding. Oh, and I also thought I would be able to, you know, snowboard.

Then reality came crashing (literally) down on me. I have a horrible centre of balance, and mentally I'm still freaked out I'm gonna fall and break a bone or seven. Didn't help seeing, on my first run down, someone horribly injured and an ambulance having to take him away.
Which is a shame because I can see how snowboarding is fun. Went to Glen Eden (Kelso) with Sharon, Arvin, Nina, Maria, Melodie and Mark. In the end, after almost wrecking my ankle and making a fool of myself on the slopes (you fell? Get up! Takes you 5 minutes to get up? You still look cool! Not!), I am thinking that this sport may not be for me. Luckily I have brothers who are into it so I didn't have to spend so much on equipment (it's expensive!).
Maybe tobagganing is the way to go. In fact, half way through my first run, I took off my boots and rode my board down like a tobaggan. Which, when I think about it, makes sense. As I've said plenty of times before, I'm inherently lazy, so sitting down instead of standing up seems natural.
Doing the basics on my second run down
* * *
I'm surprised I was able to do something so physical after only about 4 hours of sleep. Went to Squeeze Nightclub for Marcin's birthday last night with Ken and a bunch of the white Oakville girls. It was actually fun with good music...I even got to somewhat dance and grind (interpretations may vary, but obviously the one I think matters the most) with a complete stranger who happened to be hot(tish). I told Sharon about my infidelity. She laughed. Oh yeah, that's right, I'm a playa.
* * *
Watching the Oscars right now. Ellen is funny.

No comments: